- Projects for Cloud Administrator customization of Eucalyptus, or documentation on particular Eucalyptus installations, scripts and code to help maintain and install;
- Projects for Cloud Application Architect projects related to images and instances running in Eucalyptus, for example howtos for creating images, or recipes to customized instances;
- Projects for Cloud Architect best practices documents, deployments guides;
- Projects for Cloud Developer projects for extending or modifying Eucalyptus, or for tools working with Eucalyptus;
- Projects for Teaching and Learning Eucalyptus documentation, course material, small class projects to help to teach cloud computing. of course these are just suggestions.
There is one project not relates to IT roles (as defined above), the Teaching and Learning Eucalyptus: we felt the need to give it its own area to it because of the prominence of Eucalyptus into Universities and schools as a teaching tool, and we hope to collect material to ease the creation of courses on private clouds and Eucalyptus in particular.
Figure 1 On the left you can see the my account page on open.eucalyptus.com, while on the right you can see the registration page for project.eucalyptus.com. Make sure you use the same ID and email. We will be moving to a single sign-on process and this step will ensure a smooth transition.
Projects has been created for you, so if cannot find a project of your liking, contact us, propose a new project and we'll add it! To be started with a project is very easy:
- create an account on open.eucalyptus.com;
- create an account on projects with the same ID and email or let us know you want to be on projects and we'll do it for you (check Figure 1);
- find the project you are interested in, start filing bugs and contacting the people already working on it;
- if you have an interesting idea, contact us to create a new project for you.
Eucalyptus 3 is here! Eucalyptus 3 is here! Eucalyptus 3 brings new exciting features (check our roadmap) which you have requested and we are sure quite a few projects will be based on these new features (HA, boot from EBS, EIAM and more). It will also bring a new development model: this is the first step as described in the blog. So get ready with your cool brand new Eucalyptus project.